· Manage internal and external engagements and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
· Initiate, manage and deliver all corporate communications strategies to ensure Lonestar Cell MTN has a clear identity and high level of goodwill and understanding among the various stakeholder groups and wider audience.
· Work cross-functionally to develop and ensure strategic management of stakeholder relationships including implementing strategies for influencing key stakeholders especially the media.
· Act as the first line spokesperson for the company and present the Company position to the media as delegated by the Deputy CEO.
Manage all company publications and internal & external websites.
· Provide yearly and quarterly strategic stakeholder engagement document.
· Provide strategic communication direction for all campaigns and projects.
· Proactively identify PR opportunities for Lonestar Cell MTN and organise a PR initiative quarterly.
· Lead cross functional teams in the process of crises communication management.
· Initiate and syndicate a regular news flow to target media circles (Insights-driven) which includes specific national and regional newspapers, radio and online. These should be the right message targeted at the right stakeholders with the right angle/tone.
· Track key news programmes daily and advice Lonestar Cell MTN on both positive and negative stories impacting the company.
· Provide Lonestar Cell website, Call Centre and Facebook administrators with all press releases as soon as they are approved.
· Ensure prompt action is taken on negative stories that impact Lonestar Cell MTN through rejoinders and other accepted means of rebuttal when appropriate.
· Track news coverage of Lonestar Cell MTN and provide report on each event.
· Develop and maintain an influential Media Contact List for Lonestar Cell MTN.
· Own and manage a press line where the media can call for any information on Lonestar Cell MTN. Provide a monthly report on all activities on the press line.
Media Event Management
· Provide press pack including press releases at all Lonestar Cell MTN media events.
· Develop and maintain calendar of key external media events that Lonestar Cell MTN should participate in.
· Initiate at least one media event quarterly to strengthen, establish and develop relationships with media organisations.
· Draw up a list of key business awards that Lonestar Cell MTN must participate in.
· Make suggestions on awards that will enhance the Lonestar Cell MTN brand and support the Marketing team to prepare and submit applications for such awards.
· Work with the CEO’s office to draw up a visibility/engagement plan to raise the profile of Lonestar Cell MTN’s CEO and other key stakeholders.
· Advise on key events that drive visibility and build relationships with our key stakeholders.
· Undertake a Media Perception audit – a detailed survey among the media and other stakeholders about their Editors and Media Professionals about their perception towards the Lonestar Cell MTN brand and work towards building a positive image.
· Identify and arrange a minimum of three courtesy calls to influential media organisations/persons every year.
· Provide a stakeholder mapping template for Lonestar Cell MTN.
· Prepare and submit monthly media plans to DCEO within agreed timelines.
· Develop exciting and engaging internal communication plans for a range of projects, initiatives and policies.
· Develop other effective channels of communications to drive employee communication and engagement (beyond Y’ello Mail) such as a Weekly Newsletter, an Intranet and Snap Communications.
· Ensure that all external campaigns/projects are first executed and celebrated in-house.
· Manage all internal CSR activities including the annual Y’ello Care.
· Create bi-weekly submissions for Lonestar Cell MTN to be featured in Y’ello Buzz and increase the profile of the operation across MTN
· Develop and manage an in-house quarterly staff recognition awards scheme based on the BRIGHT agenda (Y’ello Stars).
· Ensure messages from senior management and MTN Group are properly reflected in communications to internal stakeholders.
· Liaise with HR to organise Staff Forums for the CEO and Executive Committee to address staff.
CORPORATE BEHAVIOUR AND CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
· Develop strategies for managing Corporate Social Responsibility programmes and initiatives – in line with MTN Group’s CSR strategy.
· Liaise with key stakeholders in selecting and identifying projects/partnerships that align with Lonestar Cell MTN’s business objectives.
· Ensure sustainability and visibility of all CSR initiatives including providing good PR mileage.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
· Bachelor’s Degree in Mass Communication, Advertising, Business Administration or related discipline/ MBA is an added advantage.
Global Experience Standards
· 5 years’ relevant Managerial experience, which includes Multinational or Governmental environment.
· 5+ years of experience in Public Relations
· Experience at management level in a Telecommunication environment is an added advantage
Must be a Role Model of ethical practices by living the MTN Values of: Leadership; Innovation; Relationship; Integrity; Can Do & adopt the MTN Vital Behaviours of: Complete Candour; Complete Accountability; Active Collaboration; Get-It-Done; for others to follow
· Proven record of practical public relations or communications experience at a strategic level.
· Experience in communications, journalism, public affairs, CSR and community relations.
· Wide range of contacts in both local and international media.
· Proven ability on communications and stakeholder relations.
· Management experience in a complex organization.
· Good understanding of socio-political and economic environment.
· Experience of organizational change.
· Creative and critical thinking abilities with an eye for detail.
· Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills.
· Ability to work under pressure and time constraints.
· Computer literate and tech savvy.
· Ability to work effectively with a wide range of cultures in a diverse community.
· Willingness to travel to undertake events across the country.
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Conceptual Thinker & Problem Solver
· Improvement Driver & Culture and Change Champion
· Supportive People Manager & Relationship Manager
· Results Achiever & Operationally Astute
· Commitment to the organization & Good teamwork and cooperation
Criteria provided by job poster
How to apply