BRAC is the world’s largest, leading development organization dedicated to poverty alleviation and empowerment of the poor. Initiated in Bangladesh in 1972, BRAC now operates in 11 countries across Asia, Africa and the Americas. To counter poverty and promote social empowerment, BRAC strategically integrates development programs in microfinance, agriculture, health, education, human rights and legal aid, community empowerment and more.
BRAC Liberia launched in 2008 with programs in Microfinance, Small Enterprise Development, Agriculture, Livestock and Poultry, Health, Empowerment and Livelihood for Adolescent Girls, Psychosocial and Survival Support now impacting the lives of over 560,000 Liberians. BRAC Liberia is looking for competent, dynamic and self-motivated Liberians to fill the following regular position.
No. of Vacancies: 1
Job Title : Banking Application Officer
Staff Category : National
Tenure : 1 year (Renewable)
Salary : Negotiable
Reports to : Head of IT
Duty Station : Country Office
Safeguarding Job Responsibilities
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve BRAC’s goals on safeguarding.
- Act as a resource of support and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote, and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage other to do so.
The Banking Applications Officer will provide specialist application support to core banking and back-office applications used within the organization. The role will work within the ITIL service management framework to (1) supervise efficient and secured operation of all core applications – core banking and ERP systems (2) champion ITIL service management practices at all BRAC branch offices and (3) ensure efficient and expert application support services to all BRAC operations.
The role will be to work with BIHBV IT staff and BIHBV-approved consultants/service partners on new installations, enhancements or changes to core applications while ensuring that IT standards, policies and procedures are followed. The role will also coordinate the delivery of core applications technical training to all staff.
- Working with the BIHBV IT teams and service partners, lead successful implementation and maintenance of Temenos core banking system at branch offices and work with IT Head to ensure the establishment of published standards, policies, and procedures for maintaining the integrity of the Model Bank
- Ensure effective technical and user support for core applications – the maintenance of the Model Bank, product specification and documentation of system changes, development of management reports, management of efficient test and disaster recovery environments.
- Ensure security of business data within core applications
- Coordinate end-user training for core applications with IT Service Manager and Field IT officers.
- Lead the implementation and testing procedures to ensure that newly released software produce the expected results for the business operations.
- Apply strict change control measures in any customizations required by system users.
- Establish and enforce core applications system backup, recovery, and data retention criteria.
- Relate well with BI IT and strategic service partners to resolve complex technical problems.
- Document recovery procedures and security settings for applications for the purposes of disaster recovery and user security.
- Encourage teamwork and the sharing of best practice amongst all staff.
- Keep in line with the trend in the market, advise management on market development (e.g., Temenos development roadmap and current developments in microfinance and banking industry)
Required Knowledge, Skills & Competencies:
- Good knowledge of TCPIP communication protocol
- Wide knowledge of and advanced skills in computer hardware and software programs of diverse functionality. Including but not limited to, communications systems, desktop applications, and network administration programs.
- Significant experience in supporting databases (preferably Microsoft SQL and/or Oracle)
- Report development skills e.g., Crystal report, Jasper a plus
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and persuasively, interpret documents, understand procedures, write reports and correspondence; speak clearly to third parties and employees.
- Able and willing to solve complex analytical challenges, independently analyze information; and make recommendations based on analysis.
- Self-motivated team player with the ability to adapt and work co-operatively and effectively in different situations and teams to carry out assigned tasks. • Disposition to share knowledge fully and willingly with other employees in the interest of the organization.
- Commitment to the BRAC International mission, core values the ability to incorporate the mission and values in the workplace.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- 5 – 10 years’ experience supporting a Temenos core banking system in medium to large organizations
- At least 2 years of SQL Database Administration experience
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore, our hiring process includes extensive background checks and criminal records disclosure. BRAC is an equal opportunities employer.
All qualified and interested applicants can submit a cover letter with their CVs with three referees, one of which should be your current or most recent employer/line manager, along with copy of your educational qualification. Applications should be submitted by email to: Recruitment.Liberia@brac.net, with the position title on the subject line.
DEADLINE: December 15, 2023
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SHORT-LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED!