|BIOSTATISTICIAN/ DATA ANALYST/WARM BASE
|Central Office/AMD (1 position)
Deadline for submission: Friday, December 22, 2023, at 5:00pm Liberia Time
PREVAIL, or the Partnership for Research on Vaccines and Infectious Diseases in Liberia, is a clinical research partnership between the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the Liberian Ministry of Health
Summary of Position:
The Biostatistician/Data Analyst will assist in the design of study protocols, development of statistical reports, design of case report forms, and will supervise the data management staff.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
Description of Responsibilities
- Supervise the Database Managers and Data Entry Clerks
- Motivate and promote excellent work performance and ensures regulations and procedures are followed and applied consistently.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams, including Principal investigators, Study Coordinators, and regulatory team in the implementation of study protocol.
- Ensures all data management activities, at all sites are carried out effectively, efficiently, on time and in a transparent manner.
- Ensures that short, medium and longer-term data management targets at all levels are met.
- Determines optimal techniques/processes for improving data management operations.
- Assists in the conduct double data entry and validation exercise to ensure completeness, accuracy and integrity of data entered.
- Assists in identifying troubleshooting from the computerized database and take appropriate action in discussion with your line manager.
- In collaboration with the Quality Control team, resolves all data queries generated from the data management system.
- Assists in the training of study staff on new PREVAIL protocol with emphasis on the data management including the CRF, and quality control/assurance measures.
- the quality and integrity of research data by conducting data cleaning and assisting in the development of validation procedures for PREVAIL studies.
- Assists in the conduct of meetings with other PREVAIL working groups or relevant personnel.
- Supports the development of case report forms for PREVAIL studies where applicable.
- Provides data management support to PREVAIL staff involved in the collection, and quality control/quality assurance of research data.
- Assists in communicating and training basic statistical concepts to other non-data management staff within PREVAIL.
- Assists in the development of study protocols and review, providing particular support in the methodology including sample size calculation.
- Performs statistical analysis using advanced techniques to address research questions and for regulatory submission or study sponsors.
- Strong knowledge of statistical methodologies, clinical trial design, and regulatory requirement (e.g., ICH-GCP).
- Excellent problem-solving, critical thinking, and attention to detail.
- Good experience of using MS office and database management applications.
- Proficiency in statistical software and programming languages (e.g., SAS, R, SPSS Stata, python).
- Effective communication skills for collaboration with interdisciplinary teams.
- Ability to maintain high level of confidentiality and meet tight deadline.
- Commitment to the Organization, its Mission and Values
- Cultural Sensitivity/Valuing Diversity
- Building and Managing Relationships/Encourages Collaboration
- Performance Management/Promotes Staff Accountability
- Conflict Management/Coaching and Mentoring
- Results Orientation/Commitment to Excellence
- Knowledge Sharing/Continuous Learning
- Education: Bachelor of Science degree or higher in any of the following; Statistics, Mathematics, Biostatistics,
- Preferred Job-related Experience: At least three (3) years of experience in statistical analysis.
- Additional Eligibility Qualifications: Minimum of two (2) years’ experience supervision and management at staff level.
Click the apply button below to download the application instructions.