JOB TITLE: Broadcast Technical Advisor
JOB TYPE: Full-Time
LOCATION: Monrovia with Field Travels
SUPERVISOR/MANAGER: Senior Advisor
SCOPE OF THE ROLE:
Internews Network is implementing a USAID-funded Media Activity program in Liberia aimed to enhance the human and institutional capacity of the media sector while advocating for and maintaining current media freedoms to reliably carry out responsible journalism, drive reforms, and increase revenue.
The Broadcast Technical Advisor will lead all USAID Liberia Media Activity technical interventions in the field including the installation of equipment , advice on the repair of damaged broadcast equipment ,organize training for station-based radio technicians, conduct regular radio health check at partners radio stations, advice on the procurement of all equipment for LMA partner stations , advice and coordinate solar energy installation at select partner radio stations. The Broadcast Technical Advisor will report to the Senior Advisor with oversight of LMA partner radio stations .
- Coordinate the installation of all equipment at partner radio stations
- Advice Internews on the repair of damaged broadcast equipment to maximize impact
- Organize periodic training for station-based radio technicians and provide post-
- training mentoring
- Develop easy to read broadcast technical manual with basic instruction on equipment management and troubleshooting
- Conduct regular radio health check at partners radio stations
- Advice on the procurement of all equipment for LMA partner stations ,
- Advice and coordinate solar energy installation at select partner radio stations
- Conduct assessments of all radio technical and broadcasting equipment
- Advise Internews management on all technical up gradation required to increase technical competitiveness of partner radio stations
- Simplify and systematically analyze and evaluate technical problems
- Interpreting and diagnosing technical problems from a range of sources at partner
- Quickly and effectively troubleshoot problems with transmissions
- Conduct functional and operational testing procedures to ensure quality performance of broadcast products including radio stations
- Creating and maintaining asset records and technical documentation for all equipment purchased for partner radio stations
- A Bachelors’ degree in electronics or broadcast technology or associate degree
with extensive field practical experience is preferred
- Minimum 8-10 years’ experience in the field of radio technical management
- Understanding of broadcast transmission and installation of transmitter
- A keen understanding of the creative elements of broadcast technology
- Has knowledge of solar technology
- Knowledgeable about the various grade of broadcast equipment
- Good understanding of computer diagnostic system for broadcast equipment is
- Knowledge and experience with radio equipment.
- Good computer skills including radio editing software.
- Strong commitment to teamwork.
- Effective communication, motivating leadership and interpersonal skills.
- Problem solving skills: troubleshooting and solving equipment and signal problems.
Application Deadline: Thursday, September 30, 2021
Applications should be addressed by email to: HRLiberia@internews.org
Or apply through the system below.