Job description: day /night care supervisor 1
Department: Oscar Romero School for the Deaf
Responsible to: Care Manager, ORS
Location: Tubmanburg, Bomi County
Contract length: 12 months
Our mission is to expend access to equal opportunities for the deaf, through
provision of an appropriate, meaningful and relevant education that prepares
them for full inclusion as productive member of society.
Our vision is that ORS becomes a model of collaboration between deaf and
hearing people who live, work and learn together to share skill, knowledge and
experience that can develop their full potential for the benefit of society.
Confidence in the innate goodness of people. We respect the dignity of every
human being and family life. We believe in good stewardship of resources
entrusted to us.
The day or night care supervisors plays an essential role in achieving and maintaining
the highest care standard for children and young adults enrolled in O.R.S. The post
involves supervising a team of care givers and kitchen staff with the supervision of
the care manager ensuring the well-being of all students in O.R.S.
Job description: day /night care supervisor 2
Oversee a team of care assistants students, and kitchen staffs
• Be able to supervise and support a designated team of care givers and kitchen Staff to perform
their duties to the highest standard during their (8 ) hours daily.
• Be able to provided some level of psychosocial cancelling to students, and even your staffs if the
• Be able to monitor every accept and activities surrounding all the ORS students and their environs
in and outside the mission whilst carrying on your duties.
• Be able to support your care assistance to always provide and maintain a friendly environment for
all ORS students, regardless of sex, and in observant of the children protection policy of Mary’s
• You must at all time give students the opportunity to explain to you their experience, or things that
has happen to them that needs to be confidential.
• Be able to serve as a child protection officer when you are needed to play that role.
• Be able to communicate with the ORS deaf students and other deaf and hearing staffs to allow the
free flow of communication. ( using the ASL )
• Be able to perform any other responsible responsibilities that will be required of you as a
Ensure proper medication when required
• Take responsibility to ensure that adequate medical attention is provided to all students when
• Maintain accurate and up to date health records for all students, report any health hazard or health
related conditions to the care manager.
• Accompany children to hospital, clinic or to other programs as it may be required of you.
• Assess and report children who have any minor or major health problems to the care manager for
• Administer first aid on minor complaints, such as cuts and bruises until he or she can be taking to
the hospital or clinic.
• Follow up with individual patients to ensure that they receive their treatment required
Policy interpretation, implementation, and high care standard
• Supervise and support staffs to understand that they need to follow the child protection policy of
MML, the MOE code of conduct, and the school own handbook.
• Ensure that students understands and follow all the rules and regulations governing the school, and
to also know their rights and their responsibilities.
• Monitor the provision of meals to the students, so that all student receive a satisfying, sufficient,
healthy, and nutritious food or diet.
• Monitor activities carry out at the ORS farm or garden.
• Prepared monthly schedule for a team of care staffs.
• Be able to manage Wearhouse stocks.
• Be able to tour the compound at lease three times during your 8 hours of work, for the student’s
Job description: day /night care supervisor 3
Reporting and accountability
• Be able to do a written monthly report or communication of all activities or situations sounding
the dormitories, kitchen, student’s health, Wearhouse stocks, farm, and other relevant issues that
may arise to the Care manger.
• Be able to conduct a night and day roll call for all ORS student daily to ensure total security and
Job description: day /night care supervisor 4
Qualifications, skills and experience Essential Desirable
A high school graduate or certificate in the related discipline with
knowledge of the ASL.
Minimum 2 years of experience in job related preferably with a
reputable school or institution.
Interested in caring for children ✓
Good written and spoken English ✓
A team builder, pleasant, open, a friendly personality ✓
Excellent organizational skills and time management ✓
Be able to effectively communicate with the deaf using the ASL. ✓
Excellent leadership ability
The ability to work efficiently and effectively at all time. ✓
Reports to: Care
Mary’s Meals and ORS
MOE, and The Deaf
Direct reports: Care
Job description: day /night care supervisor 5
Mary’s Meals International competencies
All Mary’s Meals Liberia employees approach their role in line with the 7S competency model.
Self • I build resilience
• I lead by example
• I’m authentic and true to my values
• I develop myself and set stretching goals
Service • I have a vocational attitude to my work
• I inspire hope in others
• I build belief that even difficult challenges can be solved
• I am committed to serving and enabling all who want to be part of the
• I work to ensure our future will be better than our past
Simplicity • I communicate effectively
• I follow clear decision-making criteria
• I create plans that are easy to follow and contribute to organisational goals
• I embrace inclusivity and diversity
• I focus on delivering results
Stewardship • I pay attention to the things that matter most – (a) our physical resources;
(b) our people
• I nurture, develop and respect our relationships with external stakeholders
• I deliver on my promises
• I am happy to be held accountable and to hold others to account
Strategy • I have a point of view about the future
• I see our stakeholders and our priorities clearly
• I help others to work in ways that have the greatest impact
• I develop strategy and translate it into action
Strengthen • I create a positive work environment
• I increase the capabilities of my team
• I help people manage their careers
• I find and develop next-generation talent
Success • I ensure my team is technically competent and always developing
• I build high performing teams
• I ensure accountability
• I am a catalyst for change
Changes to the job description
As the organisation evolves, job descriptions may need to be reviewed and if appropriate, changed. Such
changes may be initiated as necessary by the manager of this position in consultation with the employee. This
job description may also be reviewed as part of preparation for the annual Personal Development Review.
To apply, please send your CV (maximum 3 pages) with details of three professional references (emails and cell
numbers) and a cover letter explaining why you are interested in the role to Jobs.Liberia@marysmeals.org or apply through the system below.
Your covering letter should make a compelling case for why you feel motivated to work for Mary’s Meals
Liberia in this role, as well as giving a concise overview of your most relevant skills and experience and should
fill no more than two pages of A4.
Job description: day /night care supervisor 6
As part of our commitment to safeguarding children you will be required to provide an up to date Police
Clearance of good conduct (Liberian nationals) Closing date: Friday, January 24
th, 2020 at 5pm. Interviews:
Interview dates will be communicated to shortlisted candidates. While Mary’s Meals Liberia will endeavour to
contact all candidates within a reasonable time, this may not always be possible due to limited resources.
Therefore, if you have not heard from us within two weeks of the closing date, you can assume that your
application has, on this occasion, been unsuccessful. Mary’s Meals Liberia is an equal opportunities employer.
All applicants will be judged strictly on the basis of merit.
Please note: A second interview stage may be required.
Mary’s Meals is an equal opportunities employer, all who meet the criteria are encouraged to apply.