POSITION: DEPUTY HEAD OF SECRETARIAT
The Liberia Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (LEITI) is an autonomous public entity
created by statute to promote transparency over extractive industry revenues. It is part of a global
initiative known as Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (EITI) International. Since the
establishment of the LEITI, it has made significant progress resulting in Liberia being bestowed
the “Best EITI Implementing Country Award” in 2009.
The LEITI is overseen by a Multi-Stakeholder Steering Group (MSG), comprising of
government, civil society, representatives of companies in Liberia’s extractive industry, the
National Traditional Council of Liberia, with international development partners as observers.
The LEITI Secretariat is responsible for the day-to-day implementation of the policy decisions
and directives of the MSG and leading nationwide efforts in implementing Liberia’s LEITI law.
The Secretariat’s role specifically includes outreach, advocacy, communication, monitoring and
facilitating information sharing, more information about the LEITI can be found on the LEITI
The Liberia Extractive Industries Transparency Initiative (LEITI) is now looking for a competent
and dynamic Liberian to serve as the Deputy Head of Secretariat.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Under the supervision of the Head of Secretariat, the Deputy Head of Secretariat (DHoS), who is
the deputy head of the management team of LEITI Secretariat, shall perform the below specific
responsibilities which shall include, but not be limited to:
1. Serve as the principal deputy to the Head of the Secretariat, and perform such duties as
are associated with, inherent, and required of a principal deputy, including assuming the
duties of the Head of Secretariat in the event of his or her absence;
2. Tasked with administrative oversight of day-to-day Secretariat operations;
3. Responsible for working with the independent auditors on the preparation of Liberia EITI
4. Lead staff for implementing the LEITI Communications and Outreach Strategy;
5. Supervise updating and maintaining content of the LEITI website;
6. Responsible for recruitment of LEITI consultants, including auditors and Reconcilers/
7. Responsible to supervise procurement processes to ensure integrity and best value for
8. Develop summary reports of the full EITI Reports of Liberia;
9. Draft annual costed work plans for LEITI with inputs from other Secretariat staff;
10. Write funding proposals in consultation with Head of Secretariat;
11. Supervise the Technical Department to undertake financial/economic analysis, evaluation
and monitoring of issues and trends of developments in the oil, mining, agriculture and
forestry sectors of Liberia;
12. Perform such other duties and tasks assigned by the Head of Secretariat and/or the LEITI
Multi-Stakeholders Steering Group may assign to him or her.
The Deputy Head of Secretariat shall report to the Multi-Stakeholder Steering Group, through
Head of Secretariat.
1. A Master’s Degree in natural resource management, economics, law, public
administration, or related field OR A Bachelor degree in any of the above fields with at
least 3 years of progressive working experience within the government, private, or public
2. A minimum of three (3) years of progressive work experience in managerial position;
3. Knowledge of auditing or accounting standards is an advantage;
4. Familiarity with the principles and procedures of EITI International will be an added
5. Previous engagement with private, public and civil society actors;
6. Excellent research, writing, and analytical skills;
7. Have good interpersonal skills as well as communication and negotiation skills;
8. Ability to write at a professional level;
9. Excellent organizational skill, time management and attention to detail;
10. Some prior managerial experience desired;
11. Experience (1) with extractive industries and (2) in governance-related work;
12. Ability to work independently and to manage various projects on a daily basis with
13. Proficient in the use of computers and standard software (word, excel, power point, etc.)
To be considered for this position, qualified applicants must submit the following as part of their
• A letter of application summarizing individual qualifications for this position;
• A current resume in reverse chronological format;
• A list of at least 3 professional references including name, contact information, and
• of relationship to the applicant, and
• Copies of all credentials.
Deadline for submission of applications is Tuesday, February 25, 2020 at 4pm. Hard copies of
applications must be sealed and submitted to the below address and clearly marked “Letter of
Application for the Post of Deputy Head of Secretariat”:
Mr. T. Ojuku Nyenpan
Finance and Administration Committee
Ministry of Finance and Development Planning
Board& Mechlin Streets
Applications should also be submitted via email to: email@example.com,
firstname.lastname@example.org, or apply through the system below.
ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED. QUALIFIED
FEMALES ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.