LOCAL EMPOWERMENT FOR ACCOUNTABILITY AND DECENTRALIZATION (LEAD)
|Driver & Logistics Support (2 Positions)
|Monrovia – Liberia
|position reports to
|Human Resource Manager
The USAID Liberia Local Empowerment for Accountability and Decentralization (LEAD) Activity was awarded to DAI Global LLC for a period of five year, from May 19, 2023 to May 18, 2028.The goal of this Activity is to improve the capacities of targeted ministries, agencies, and commissions (MACs), and local government to formulate and administer sound tax policies, improve budget transparency, deepen decentralization, and deliver much-needed quality services at the sub-national level through the following objectives:
- Objective 1: Domestic Resource Mobilization (DRM) Improved,
- Objective 2: Budget Transparency Improved, which comprises of three sub-objectives.
- Objective 3: Local Development and Service Delivery Improved
The driver position will be responsible for providing reliable and safe driving services to support the office in the day-to-day execution of its official functions. The driver will also play a logistical role in supporting project operations and organization of events in Monrovia and in selected counties that will be identified at a later stage.
The position will report to the Human Resource Manager and work closely with the Admin/Logistics Assistant and Operations staff with support from the Management Team.
This position will provide reliable and safe driving services as well as logistical support, and incumbent will uphold the highest standards of discretion and integrity; have a deep sense of responsibility, and excellent knowledge of protocol and security issues.
Demonstrate a client-oriented approach, courtesy, tact and ability to work with people of different national and cultural backgrounds.
Reliable and safe driving services
- Provide reliable and safe driving services by; driving Liberia LEAD office vehicles for the transport of USAID LEAD staff, officials and visitors;
- delivery and collection of mail and documentation; meeting official personnel and visitors at the airport, including managing visa and customs formalities when required;
- Keep abreast of traffic and road and security and safety awareness to enable safe and on time arrival for meetings;
Vehicle maintenance and communication
- Manage all aspects of vehicle maintenance including fuel refiling; conducting minor repairs and cleaning; arranging for major repairs and service to ensure vehicle kept in good running condition; keeping daily vehicle logs; and assisting in the preparation of vehicle maintenance plans and history reports;
- Keep track of insurance and vehicle registration; obtain security clearance for field missions where necessary;
- Ensure communication equipment in vehicles is available and functioning; office directory, map of the city/country, first aid kit, and necessary spare parts are in the assigned vehicle;
- Ensure that, in the event of an accident involving the office vehicle, the necessary steps required by rules and regulations are followed.
Administration and team support
- Assist the Technical staff with general administrative duties as required.
- Ensure that the assigned vehicle is compliant with the USAID minimum operating standards and USAID’s Vehicle Policy requirements.
- Ensure that all required driving training is successfully completed, and certifications are kept up to date.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Completion of High School Secondary Level Certificate/Diploma is required.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Valid driver’s license for Liberia is required.
- Minimum of two years of progressive driving experience as a driver for an international organization, USAID, embassy or UN system with a safe driving record.
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations, chauffeur protocol and courtesies, and local roads and conditions, and defensive driving skills
- Skills in minor vehicle repairs.
- Good organizational skills, discretion, sound judgment and initiative.
- Ability to plan and coordinate travel and logistics for meetings, conferences and special events in the field.
- Good interpersonal, communication, oral and writing skills.
- Good level of confidentiality, tact and discretion.
- Fluency in English is required with good oral and written communication skills.
- Working knowledge of other local languages is desirable.
Deadline for the submission of applications is Friday, December 15, 2023, at 2:00 PM.
Women and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
The job advertisements are now live for Liberia LEAD. Interested candidates are invited to apply via this email: LiberiaLEADRecruitment@dai.com