Who we are:
medica Liberia (mL) formerly medica mondiale Liberia is a non-governmental women’s rights organization working in Liberia. Our Organization offers support to women and girls affected by sexual gender based violence (SGBV). Since 2006, medica Liberia has been implementing programs for women and girls in Liberia’s South-eastern parts and recently extended its coverage to Montserrado and Margibi Counties respectively, through funding from the German Government and other donors. medica Liberia is seeking to recruit two new staff for the below positions.
Position Title: Finance Officer
Duty Station: Monrovia (with frequent travels to other projects sites)
Position Status/ Duration: Full Time
Reports to: Head of Finance
Working in close collaboration with the Head of Finance, the Finance Officer is responsible to manage all Finance activities within the county in accordance with mL financial procedures, established policies, principles and core values. The post holder is also accountable to the Country Director as well as ensuring support to mL programmes in the Counties of Operation.
- Ensure that all accounting records and supporting documentation for all financial transactions are maintained in a systematic order and in safe and secure conditions in the office.
- Keep the electronic cashbooks (QuickBooks) and prepare financial reports
- Ensure transactions are properly documented with genuine financial supporting documents ( e.g., receipts) and that each receipt carries the receipt number, budget and account code
- Verifies field site receipts/vouchers with electronic monthly account
- In collaboration with the head of finance, maintain effective control over cash and bank and ensure that cash in hand and bank are reconciled with accounting records.
- Daily posting into QuickBooks/ excel worksheet
- Training/coaching of Finance assistant
- Provide monthly financial reports to the head of finance in a timely manner
- Inform the supervisor in case of irregularities in finances upon detection
- Coordinate and monitor all finance activities of the Finance assistants in the other field site.
- Support the project managers on monitoring of finance task being carried out in the field site
- Provide the with complete, accurate and timely financial reports and ensure that all financial reports from all project locations are being carried out in accordance with the standard required
- Check cash advances for all staff; close them accordingly, following mL financial procedures and policies
- Support the head of finance to carry out the month-end closure of the finances by the deadline date
- Support the head of finance in implementation of transparent procurement procedures.
Experience/knowledge and skills
- BBA or AA degree in Finance, Accounting or Management with three years or more working experience.
- Must have sound knowledge of QuickBooks and accounting procedures
- Experience in banking transactions and correspondence
- Competent with MS Word, Excel and Power point
- Good planning and organizational skills
- Must be flexible, have the ability to multi-task and handle pressure
- Good interpersonal skills and communication skills
- Stress-resilient and able to work in remote areas with limited infrastructure
- Work experience in rural Liberia
- Feminist background and a clear commitment to work with a women centred and empowering approach
- Flexible and innovative
- Analytical skills
- Approachable and communicative
Start Date: IMMEDIATE
Deadline for application: January 22, 2024
How to Apply: Please email your application (CV, cover letter and references) as well as your salary expectations to:(email@example.com) and copy firstname.lastname@example.org
- All applications without salary expectations will not be considered.
- Female applicants are strongly encouraged to apply however only shortlisted candidates will be contacted!