JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT(Re-advertisement)
January 8, 2020
The Maryland Oil Palm Plantation (MOPP), which is involved with the Oil palm production; and operating in Maryland County – Liberia, requires the professional services of the following:
Position: Garage Superintendent (Ref #: GS / MOPP – 001-20)
Number Needed: One (1)
Duty Station: MOPP Plantation, Maryland County
Duration: Indefinite (but begins with three months probationary period)
Application Deadline: January 31, 2020 , 2020 @ 4:00PM
To supervise, plan, organise and coordinate fault diagnosis, repair and maintenance activities of all class of vehicles and equipment in MOPP garages, which include light duty, tractors, trucks, heavy duty machines and generators. To ensure repairs aiming for maximum reliability
In accordance with the above, the professional Garage Superintendent shall assume the following
Duties and Responsibilities/Job description:
- Ensure the garage operates at high standards in all areas respecting standard operating procedures and safety guidelines.
- Capacity to overhaul simple and heavy duty engines
- troubleshooting defective vehicles and equipment to determine cause of problem
- Analyse defective equipment to determine cause of problem to prevent future occurrences
- Evaluate performance of mechanics
- Establish and ensure the availability of critical and strategic spare parts
- Establish preventive maintenance plan for all vehicles and equipment
- Train workers and demonstrates repair and maintenance of vehicles, using hand tools
- Prepare repair and maintenance report on vehicles and equipment
- Coordinate incoming work with existing work load.
- Plan and assign staff to meet work load.
- Must be willing to learn and accept corrections to suit standards (as they are momentarily upgraded for better working conditions).
- Must be willing to work for long hours as long as need be
- A strong commitment to environment, health and safety guidelines
- Must have good communication, reading, writing and interpersonal skills
- Ability to follow establish procedures and practices
- Educational Requirements
- BSc Mechanical Engineering/ HND in Automobile engineering or its equivalent
- Min of 7 years working experience with automobiles or heavy duty equipment as a mechanic
- Min of 3 year experience in a supervisory role
- Specialised in at least one of the automobile engineering disciplines (electrical, engine repairs, hydraulics) in heavy duty vehicles and equipment.
- Good communication skills; reading and writing
- Computer literate (Microsoft office; word, excel, and power point etc……)
Please note the following:
All cover letters, CVs and credentials should be communicated through the following channels:
Security Booth @ MOPP Central Office
SIGNED: MOPP MANAGEMENT