JOB TITLE: Grants Manager
JOB LOCATION: Liberia, Monrovia
FHI 360 is seeking applications for the position of Grants Manager for the Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) project in Liberia. EpiC is a seven-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). In Liberia, the project provides technical assistance (TA) and direct service delivery to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding, prevention, treatment programming, and viral load (VL) suppression among key and vulnerable populations. The position will report to the Associate Director for Finance & Operations.
Responsible for proper monitoring of the development and processing of subgrants agreements and/or subawards required to implement activities under the EpiC Project. In coordination with the country office and HQ team, review all subgrant expenses for accuracy and ensure subgrant policies and procedures are followed as per FHI 360, PEPFAR, and USAID guidelines. The position will establish and
maintain sound grants management practices and ensure that EpiC Project is compliant with FHI 360 and USAID procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Establish and maintain sound grants management practices and ensure that EpiC Project complies with FHI 360 and USAID procedures, rules, and regulations.
- Review subgrant financial expenditures and ensure expenses are properly supported and recorded monthly per FHI 360 standard operating procedures and submit for processing. • Provide support to the project in the review and processing of annual sub-grant budgets, and budget notes in coordination with the country office team.
- Submit annual sub-grant draft budgets to HQ for review and provide clarification as needed. • Conduct pre-award assessments with implementing subgrantees and follow up on the implementation of all special award conditions monthly.
- Update the subgrant monitoring tracker monthly and manage all subgrant files on SharePoint. • Provide capacity building support to subgrantees on sub-grants financial reporting and make routine follow ups with subgrantees on the timely submission of monthly reports.
- Work with the country office team to develop Consultancy Agreements for In-Kind grantees and prepare all the supporting documents required for further processing.
- Track all subgrant expenditures routinely and provide prompt information on subgrant expenses as needed.
Family Health International (FHI360) – Liberia, Villa #3, Old ITC Building, Tubman Boulevard, Congo Town, Monrovia, Liberia Tell: 231-775-729-755 EM: NFClement@fhi360.org
- Conduct field visits to provide mentoring to subgrantees as needed.
Applied knowledge & Skills:
- Working knowledge of donor (US Government (USG) and non-USG) rules and regulations, the requirements to support primary contractual transactions, document retention regulations and policy, and contracting concepts and principles from the solicitation phase to postaward administration.
- Experience working with civil society organizations on grants management and compliance for HIV and/or health-related activities.
- Comprehensive knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures with financial controls and grants management is strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to create and maintain effective working relations with NGO partners, community-based organizations, and international donor agencies.
- Is well-versed in laws and regulations that have an impact on financial analysis and management controls.
- Ability to influence, motivate, negotiate, and work well with others.
- Ability to provide strategic leadership and advice to the team, exchange information and • Collaborate with colleagues and peers within and outside the organization.
- Ability to multi-task and meet deadlines in a timely manner.
- Must be able to read, write, and speak fluent English.
- Prior work experience in a non-governmental organization (NGO) and working with an international organization is required.
- Advanced degree in business administration, finance, accounting, international development, or a related field
- At least five to eight years of experience working in or with the NGO sector, especially in grants management.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned with or without notice.
The position will be based in FHI 360’s office in Monrovia. Liberian nationals and candidates currently based in Liberia are encouraged to apply.
Suitably qualified candidates openly living with HIV and/or who are representative of the key populations affected by HIV are also actively encouraged to apply.
Application: Please note that we will review applications on a rolling basis and prioritize those as received. Send a CV and motivation letter to Liberia.EpiC.email@example.com Closing date is Thursday, Nov 30, 2023, at 5.00 pm at GMT. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Address: Family Health International (FHI360) – Liberia, Villa #3, Old ITC Building, Tubman Boulevard, Congo Town, Monrovia, Liberia Tell: 231-775-729-755 EM: NFClement@fhi360.org