BRAC is the world’s largest, leading development organization dedicated to poverty alleviation and
empowerment of the poor. Initiated in Bangladesh in 1972, BRAC now operates in 11 countries across
Asia, Africa and the Americas. To counter poverty and promote social empowerment, BRAC strategically
integrates development programs in microfinance, agriculture, health, education, human rights and legal
aid, community empowerment and more.
BRAC Liberia launched in 2008 with programs in Microfinance, Small Enterprise Development, Agriculture,
Food Security & Livestock, Health, Empowerment and Livelihood for Adolescents, Ultra Poor Gradation
Program now impacting the lives of over 560,000 Liberians. BRAC Liberia is looking for competent, dynamic
and self-motivated Liberians to fill the following regular position
Positions N0. Of vacancies: One (1)
Job Title : Head of Finance
Tenure : 1 year
Salary : Negotiable
Reports to : Country Director
Duty Station : Country Office//Monrovia
Main Job/ Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of the Country Director, the head of finance will be responsible
to monitor and supervised branch, area and country office account
• Preparing budget, monthly variance report and donor reports
• Preparing of monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reports
• Receivables and payables tracking
• Preparing income tax return and transfer pricing
• Review payroll and bank reconciliation
• Liaising bank, financial institution, LRA, NASSCORP authority, Auditors and other key stake
• Forecasting cash flows.
• Strengthening financial management and capacity of accounts team and other departments.
Skills and competencies:
• Must be able to do extensive field visit
• Sound knowledge in accounting IAS and IFRS
• Advanced user in MS Excel and word
• Excellent in impersonal communication
• Able to work beyond working hours and under pressure to meet the deadline
• Be Able to work independently and deal with project and statutory audit
• Able to take decision independently
Page 1 of 2
Education and Experience:
Education: Mater in Accounting, ACCA, CIMA/CA
Experience: 5 years’ experience in similar field
All qualified and interested applicants can submit a cover letter with their CVs with three referees, one of
which should be your current or most recent employer/line manager, along with copy of your educational
qualifications. Applications should be submitted to the email address below with position title on the
subject line. Recruitment.Liberia@brac.net Or apply through the system below.
Deadline: April 17, 2020
Please note that only short listed applicants will be contacted. Females are strongly encouraged to apply.
BRAC Liberia upholds the principle of Safeguarding. Everybody within the Organization is responsible for
safeguarding employees, participants and community members, everybody should intervene to stop
abuse wherever possible. Everybody should report abuse.