AME Zion University
166 Benson Street
VACANCY FOR HUMAN RESOURCE DIRECTOR
Directs and manages the University’s Department of Human Resources. Provides strategic and
operational direction to assigned organizational components, and provides leadership to the
institution in strategic human resources planning and policy, process, and systems development.
Directs organizational structuring, staffing and support staff in each organizational component,
represents and/or acts on behalf of the Vice President for Administration, when appropriate, and
participates in Senior Executive meetings whenever invited.
Display empathy and positive regard for others in written, as well as, verbal and non-verbal
Work effectively with colleagues and students by practicing punctuality, respect for deadlines,
collaborative problem solving, and honest communication.
Duties and responsibilities:
Designs, establishes, and maintains an organizational structure and staffing to effectively
accomplish organizational, departmental, and University mission, goals, and objectives.
– Monitors and ensures payroll is verified regularly.
– Provides strategic leadership in the development and establishment of applicable University
Human Resources policies and procedures; serves on multiple University planning and policymaking committees.
– Serves as a primary and comprehensive source of consultation and experience to University
Administration and Management on strategic and complex HR operational issues of key
significance to the institution.
– Designs or participates in the design and establishment of organizational structures and staffing
to effectively accomplish the organization’s goals and objectives.
– Run a computerized database of all University employees to provide prompt accessing of
information on everyone.
– Represents and/or acts on behalf of the Vice President for Human Resources on strategic and
operational issues as and when appropriate.
– Must possess good knowledge of the Liberian Labor Law.
– Must be friendly, firm, and fair.
– Proficiency in written and spoken English, Excel and Microsoft word.
– Undertakes any other work related assignment, as and when directed to do so by supervisor.
A Master degree in Human Resource Management, Business Management, Public
Administration or Management with five (5) years of working experience with a reputable
Deadline for submission of resumes is March 15, 2020. Please submit your resumes to
firstname.lastname@example.org or Apply through the system below.