ADVERTISED JOB OPPORTUNITY
BRAC is the world’s largest, development organization dedicated to poverty alleviation and empowerment of the poor. Initiated in Bangladesh in 1972, BRAC now operates in 11 countries across Asia, Africa and Americas. To counter poverty and promote social empowerment, BRAC strategically integrates development programs in microfinance, agriculture, health, education, human rights and legal aid, community empowerment and more.
BRAC Liberia launched in 2008 with programs in Microfinance, Small Enterprise Development, Agriculture Food Security and Livestock, Health, Empowerment and Livelihood for Adolescents and Ultra Poor Graduation, now impacting the lives of over 560,000 Liberians. BRAC Liberia is looking for a competent, dynamic and self-motivated Liberian to fill the following regular position.
Human Resource & Training Manager: BRAC Liberia
- Establish a safeguarding culture across all level of the program by implementing the safeguarding policy. Act as a key source of support, guidance and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Responsible to ensure team members are appropriately trained, supported and have access to resources regarding issues that are identified and actioned in accordance with the safeguarding policy and procedure.
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
- Provide HR leadership collaborate with the management team implement Strategies to support the Organizational growth and culture
- Collaborate with the head office HR in rolling out organization development initiative
- Conduct ongoing analysis of the Organization , monitoring and interpreting trends and key HR metrics
- Manage full cycle of HR operation
- Develop practices and program that attract retain and develop the best possible talent in the market place and makes the company attractive through competitive pay and an engaging culture
- Capacity building-the development of people and people of processes to ensure the delivery of HR service across the country and ensuring greater employee engagement, motivation and productivity
- Selection and Special Project: Proposing and delivering new HR initiative and cascading progressive HR practices, coordinating and communicating with head office and other countries supporting change management programmed.
- HR policy review and analytics-monitoring all aspects of HR compliance employment legislation supporting HRIS and evaluating HR data
- Relationship Management-managing the above whilst maintaining all relevant internal and external relationship.
- Ability to travel to domestic and international offices on short notice
- Able to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information
- Remain flexible in order to adapt to change in work environment
- Excellent time –management ,problem prevention & problem solving skills
- Knowledge of HR Management & the Decent Work Act (2015)
- Knowledge in Microsoft word/Excel and PowerPoint presentation
- BSc in Public Administration, sociology and related field, or Master is an added advantage related area.
- At least five years of practical experience in HR Management and Administration
- Experience in working with national partners, Donors, Local/Government authorities,
- A proven experience in communicating with senior stakeholders.
Job Location: Monrovia, Liberia- Country Office
If you feel you are the right match for the above mentioned position, please follow the application instructions accordingly: International staff may apply
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore, our hiring process includes extensive background checks and criminal records disclosure. BRAC is an equal opportunities employer.
All qualified and interested applicants can submit a cover letter with their CVs with three referees, one of which should be your current or most recent employer/line manager, along with copy of your educational qualification. Applications should be submitted by email to: Recruitment.Liberia@brac.net, with the position title on the subject line. Or apply via the system below.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SHORT LISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED.