ADVERTISED JOB OPPORTUNITY
BRAC is the world’s largest, development organization dedicated to poverty alleviation and empowerment of the poor. Initiated in Bangladesh in 1972, BRAC now operates in 11 countries across Asia, Africa and Americas. To counter poverty and promote social empowerment, BRAC strategically integrates development programs in microfinance, agriculture, health, education, human rights and legal aid, community empowerment and more.
BRAC Liberia launched in 2008 with programs in Microfinance, Small Enterprise Development, Agriculture Food Security and Livestock, Health, Empowerment and Livelihood for Adolescents and Ultra Poor Graduation, now impacting the lives of over 560,000 Liberians. BRAC Liberia is looking for a competent, dynamic and self-motivated Liberian to fill the following regular position.
Position: Number of Vacancies: One (1)
Job Title : Human Resource/Training Officer
Tenure : 1 year (Renewable based on need and budget)
Salary : Grade 4
Reports to : Chief Executive Officer
Duty Station : BRAC Country Office
Purpose: The HR Training Officer is responsible for identifying staff training and development needs and for planing, organizing and overseeing appropriate training.
Under the direct supervision of the CEO, the incumbent will be responsible for:
- BRAC Safeguarding: To implement the BRAC Safeguarding policy and will work to:
- Read, understand, practice, promote and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action
- Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage others to do so.
- The Training Officer should administer needs assessment,gauge skills gaps and then address these gaps through tailored training programs;
- The Training Officer should also ensure the effectiveness of the instruction by monitoring performance;
- Drafting instructional manuals, onboarding materials and other relevant documentation for Microfinance (MF) staff;
- Orienting new hires to their function within Brac Microfinance company, as well as established company norms;
- Directing and delivering training and development programs, to accomplished company’s goals;
- Developed training programs for Credit Officer (CO), Branch Accountants (BA), Branch Managers (BM) etc. through training needs assessment;
- Administering regular, needs assessments to identify skills deficits;
- Promoting an open knowledge- sharing environment that builds knowledge,skills and service for the benefit of the company as a whole.
- Monitored staffs’ performance by liasing with line supervisors;
1 1. Ensure training is cost effective and within budget;
1 2. Up holding confidentiality, unless legally mandate to do otherwise;
- Other duties and responsibilities as required;
- BA in Business Administration, sociology and related field; or AA in Social Science. A certificate in training an added advantage,BSC/BA in HR Management or related area.
- Minimum 3 years of professional experience in HR management or Admimistration,
- Certificate in Training or presentation skills, an added advantage
- The highest levels of integrity and trustworthiness,
- Good writing and presentation skills,
- Good interpersonal skills, sound judgment, communication skills,training experience, ability to identify and resolve policy and HR constraints,
- Ability to read and effectively interpret information, present numerical data, and skillfully gather and analyze information,
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills in Microsoft Office Suite applications,
- Dependable, able to follow instructions, respond to management direction, and able to improve performance through management feedback,
- Able to work indepently.
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore, our hiring process includes extensive background checks and criminal records disclosure. Brac is an equal opportunities employer.
All qualified and interested applicants can submit a cover letter with their CVs with three referees, one of which should be your current or most recent employer/line manager, along with copy of your educational qualification. Applications should be submitted by email to: Recruitment.Liberia@brac.net, with the position title on the subject line.
Or apply via the system below.
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SHORT LISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED.