TITLE: Human Resources Manager
JOB LOCATION: Monrovia, Liberia
FHI 360 is seeking applications for the position of Human Resources Manager for the Meeting Targets and Maintaining Epidemic Control (EpiC) project in Liberia. EpiC is a seven-year global project funded by the U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) and the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID). In Liberia, the project provides technical assistance (TA) and direct service delivery to break through barriers to 95-95-95 and promote self-reliant management of national HIV programs by improving HIV case-finding, prevention, treatment programming, and viral load (VL) suppression among key and vulnerable populations. The Position will report to the Project Director/Country Representative.
Responsible for providing support to staff regarding relevant HR strategies, programs, initiatives, HR policies, and practices in the areas of staffing, performance management and development, employee relations, work environment, and compensation to maximize employee engagement within FHI 360. Provide advice and assistance to supervisors and staff with a specific focus on training needs and opportunities, job descriptions, performance reviews, and personnel policies of FHI 360. The Manager will ensure harmonization and standardization of employment-related matters across country programs and will oversee a team of HR professionals structured to provide full-scope HR services to all projects and staff. This position will participate in headquarters-led projects and will assume regional responsibilities for assisting with the development and implementation of global HR strategies, programs, and policies.
- Ensures that HR programs are developed and implemented in all HR disciplines, including Employee Relations, Organizational Development (OD), Recruitment and retention, Training and development, Compensation, Benefits Administration, HR Information Systems, and Compliance.
- Develops and implements organizational policies for local staff to attract, retain, and motivate candidates and employees.
- Manages staff to ensure a high level of customer service and confidentiality is provided throughout the organization.
- Support Country Representative/Project Director in providing direction, oversight, and interpretation of HR-related policies.
- Support the development and implementation of organizational HR programs. • Assist in carrying out staff audits, identify gaps and propose staffing levels for the organization. • Implement FHI 360 HR policies, practices, and procedures, and ensure compliance with legal laws and/or regulations in all areas of HR management.
Family Health International (FHI360) – Liberia, Villa #3, Old ITC Building, Tubman Boulevard, Congo Town, Monrovia, Liberia Tell: 231-775-729-755 EM: NFClement@fhi360.org
- Coordinate staff recruitment and selection process to ensure a timely organized and comprehensive procedure is used to hire staff and ensure all recruitments are conducted against the organization’s staff establishment.
- Generate job descriptions and advertisements for vacant jobs, screening applications, shortlisting and interviewing, and selecting candidates.
- Supports the annual salary adjustment process, promotion, and equity reviews for staff. • Facilitates the performance assessment and ongoing performance management process to ensure alignment of individual performance with FHI 360 goals.
- Conducts exit interviews, reviews turnover data, and makes recommendations for improvement. • Facilitates the development of action plans and monitors progress in response to employee engagement surveys.
- Provide information and assistance to staff, and supervisors on human resource and work relatedissues/resolve routine employee relations issues.
- Maintain an up-to-date filing system of all staff records on SharePoint.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Applied knowledge & Skills:
- Conversant with personnel systems, performance management processes, and immigrationprocedures.
- Working knowledge of Liberia labor regulations
- Knowledge of Liberian government regulations, including USAID and/or other donors. • Knowledgeable with professional HR activities and events to stay current with HR practices. • Resourceful through technology, research skills, and relationship building among severalorganization teams and units and professional organizations.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume and sensitive workflow, may structure work of staff members.
- Ability to interact with diplomacy and tact and follow up on requests in a timely and efficient manner.
- Working knowledge of relevant HR software.
- Bachelor’s degree in human resources management or administration
- Minimum of 5-8 years experience in human resources management and administration in an NGOor development agency and experience providing a full range of HR generalist support in a medium to large organization
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned with or without notice.
The position will be based in FHI 360’s office in Monrovia. Liberian nationals and candidates currently based in Liberia are encouraged to apply.
Address: Family Health International (FHI360) – Liberia, Villa #3, Old ITC Building, Tubman Boulevard, Congo Town, Monrovia, Liberia Tell: 231-775-729-755 EM: NFClement@fhi360.org
Suitably qualified candidates openly living with HIV and/or who are representative of the key populations affected by HIV are also actively encouraged to apply.
Application: Send a CV and motivation letter to Liberia.EpiC.email@example.com Closing date is Thursday, Nov 30, 2023, at 5.00 pm GMT. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.