Chemonics International Inc.
JOB TITLE: Local Communication Consultant
PROJECT: Global Health Supply Chain – Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) JOB LOCATION: Monrovia, Liberia
REPORTS TO: Technical Advisor -SIM
General Summary and Background
The USAID Global Health Supply Chain Program-Procurement and Supply Management (GHSC-PSM) project in Liberia is funded under USAID Contract No. AID-OAA-I-15-0004. GHSC-PSM connects technical solutions and proven commercial processes to promote efficient and cost-effective health supply chains in Liberia. Our goal is to ensure uninterrupted supplies of health commodities to save lives and create a healthier future for all. The project purchases and delivers health commodities, offers comprehensive technical assistance to strengthen national supply chain systems, and provides global supply chain leadership. GHSC-PSM is implemented by Chemonics International and its partners.
In Liberia, GHSC-PSM works with the Ministry of Health and the Central Medical Store (CMS) to improve the availability of and access to life-saving health commodities. Activities focus on efficient warehousing, distribution, and supply chain technical assistance with an emphasis on data quality and visibility. The project collaborates with key local stakeholders to strategically review supply chain operations and refine approaches for improved performance, increased efficiency, and country ownership.
The main objective of this consultancy is to produce a video documentary and other communication-related papers that showcase the impact of the GHSC-PSM project in Liberia, highlighting the achievements, challenges, lessons learned, and best practices in the areas of commodity procurement, health systems strengthening, and global collaboration.
Scope of Work
The consultant will carry out the following tasks:
- Review relevant project documents, reports, and publications to gain an understanding of the project’s objectives, activities, and results in Liberia.
- Develop a detailed work plan and budget for the production of video documentary and other communication-related papers, including the proposed methodology, timeline, and deliverables. • Conduct interviews and field visits with project staff, partners, beneficiaries, and stakeholders to collect testimonies, stories, and data that demonstrate the impact of the project in Liberia. • Produce a video documentary that captures the essence of the project’s work in Liberia, using high quality footage, narration, music, graphics, and subtitles. The video should be engaging, informative, and inspiring, and should follow the project’s branding and marking guidelines. The video should be approximately 15 minutes long and should be delivered in English, as well as in a shorter version for social media platforms.
- Produce other communication-related papers, such as success stories, case studies, fact sheets, and infographics, that highlight the key aspects of the project’s work in Liberia, using clear, concise, and compelling language and visuals. The papers should follow the project’s branding and marking guidelines and should be suitable for various audiences and channels, such as the project’s website, newsletter, social media, and events.
- Submit all the raw and edited materials, including the video footage, audio files, transcripts, scripts, photos, graphics, and texts, to the project for review and approval.
- Incorporate feedback and revisions from the project and ensure the quality and accuracy of the final products.
- Deliver the final products in the required formats and specifications, such as DVD, USB, online link, etc.
The consultant will deliver the following products:
- A detailed work plan and budget for the production of the video documentary and other communication-related papers.
- A 15-minute video documentary in English, as well as a shorter version for social media platforms, • Other communication-related papers, such as two success stories, two case studies, one fact sheet, and infographics.
- All the raw and edited materials, including the video footage, audio files, transcripts, scripts, photos, graphics, and texts.
Qualifications and Experience
The consultant should have the following qualifications and experience:
- A degree in communication, journalism, media, or a related field.
- At least five years of experience in producing video documentaries and other communication related papers for development projects, preferably in the health sector.
- Demonstrated skills and knowledge in video production, editing, and storytelling, using professional equipment and software.
- Excellent writing and editing skills in English, with the ability to convey complex and technical information in a clear and engaging manner.
- Familiarity with the Liberian context, USAID-funded projects and the health supply chain issues and challenges.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively, with respect for deadlines and quality standards. • Availability and willingness to travel within Liberia and adhere to the project’s security and health protocols.
- Ownership or access to video recording equipment is required for production of documentary.
Duration and Payment
The consultancy is expected to last for 40 working days over a period of two months, starting from January 2024. The consultant will be paid based on the approved work plan and budget, upon satisfactory completion and submission of the deliverables. The payment will be made in installments, as follows: • 20% upon submission and approval of the work plan and budget.
- 40% upon submission and approval of the draft video documentary and other communication related papers.
- 40% upon submission and approval of the final video documentary and other communication related papers.
How to apply: Please submit cover letter and CV to LiberiaPSMJobs@ghsc-psm.org by the close of business December 11, 2023. Please include Local Communication Consultant in the subject line
The application should include:
- A cover letter explaining the candidate’s motivation and suitability for the consultancy. • A detailed CV highlighting the relevant qualifications and experience.
- A portfolio of previous video documentaries and other communication-related papers produced by the candidate, with links to online samples.
- A financial proposal indicating the daily rate and the estimated total cost of the consultancy. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.