The Vantage Group is currently seeking candidates to serve as the Malaria Senior Technical Advisor for the anticipated, five-year USAID Liberia Community Health Activity. This recruitment is being done on behalf of our client MCDI.
The Project aims to expand quality health and WASH services and increase the uptake of key high-impact interventions through a well-coordinated and fully functional community health program. Activities will include prevention and treatment of malaria; expanded family planning, nutrition, and immunization services; and maternal, neonatal, and child health interventions. The Malaria Senior Technical Advisor will be responsible for overseeing the planning, coordination, and execution of all malaria-related activities for improved delivery and uptake of malaria-related services. S/he will liaise with and maintain productive collaborative relationships among project and in-country partners and provide technical leadership on implementation.
The Malaria Senior Technical Advisor will:
- work in close collaboration with the Chief of Party to develop tools and strategies to address all malaria-related activities for improved patient outcomes;
- provide technical leadership and oversight to strengthen integrated malaria service delivery at the community level as a component of an integrated package of high impact interventions for community health;
- contribute to strategic planning, implementation, and monitoring of malaria-related functions such as prevention, treatment, and diagnosis;
- ensure close collaboration and integration of programming to deliver a cohesive and efficient strategy;
- track and report on accomplishments of activities within the work plan;
- adapt and apply tools, national standards and guidelines, and best practices for use at the community levels to improve service delivery;
- strengthen technical capacity to delivery basic integrated health services;
- Contribute to regular and ad hoc project reporting and the development of project deliverables.
- Advanced degree in public health, infectious disease, or related field required; clinical degree (MD, RN, etc.) preferred
- Significant experience in similar senior management roles leading technical teams for complex health projects of similar scope in Sub-Saharan African countries absolutely required
- Experience supporting integrated service delivery interventions at the community level required
- Demonstrated experience implementing activities related to integrated community case management or integrated management of childhood illnesses required
- Experience in project management, managing staff and resources to execute research or field implementation programs is required
- Experience working with malaria donors such as USAID PMI, World Bank, Global Fund, and DfID is required
- Experience in writing scientific reports, manuscripts, and peer-reviewed publications is a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills, team player and makes her/himself available as needed
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Proficient in the use of the standard Microsoft Office package with particular experience using Words, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer
- Willingness to travel domestically
- Priority will be given to Liberian nationals
Over the past 40 years, Medical Care Development International (MCDI) has worked to strengthen health systems through integrated, sustainable and locally driven interventions across several public health sectors. MCDI collaborates with donors, national governments, the private sector, health agencies, communities and local stakeholders to improve health and save lives in the following areas: malaria control; maternal, neonatal and child health; water, sanitation, and hygiene; tuberculosis; HIV/AIDS; Zika; and other communicable diseases.
*This position is contingent upon award to MCDI.
**Compensation will be based on USAID FSN scales.
Location: Monrovia, Liberia
**INSTRUCTIONS TO APPLY**
- Submit CV to email@example.com (only word or PDF formats will be
- Subject line should read “Application: Malaria Senior Technical Advisor”
- Cover letter should be within the body of the email
- DO NOT attach any additional certificates. In the event you are shortlisted we will contact you to submit your credentials
DEADLINE TO APPLY MONDAY MAY 8, 2020