COMPANY OVERVIEW, VISION AND VALUES
At Lonestar Cell MTN, we believe that understanding our people’s needs and aspirations is key to creating experiences that delight you at work every day. We are committed to fostering an environment where every member of our Y’ello Family is heard, understood and empowered to live an inspired life.
Our values keep us grounded and moving in the right direction. Most importantly, they keep us honest. It is not something we claim to be. It is in our DNA.
As an organization, we consider it our mission to create an exciting and rewarding place to work, where our people can be themselves, thrive in positivity and ignite their full potential. A workplace that boosts creativity and innovation, improves productivity and ultimately drives meaningful results. A workplace that is built on relationships and achieving a purpose that is bigger than us. This is what we want you to experience with us!
Our commitments go beyond an organizational promise. It is in our leadership and managerial ethos to meaningfully partner with our employees, customers and stakeholders with a vision to realize our shared goals.
We are delighted that you are considering us as your career partner to make a mark in the world. We look forward to your application!
VACANCY: MANAGER, CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS AND CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY
- Manage internal and external engagements and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR).
- Initiate, manage and deliver all corporate communications strategies to ensure Lonestar Cell MTN has a clear identity and high level of goodwill and understanding among the various stakeholder groups and wider audience.
- Work cross-functionally to develop and ensure strategic management of stakeholder relationships including implementing strategies for influencing key stakeholders especially the media.
- Act as the first line spokesperson for the company and present the Company position to the media as delegated by the Deputy CEO.
- Manage all company publications and internal & external websites.
- Provide yearly and quarterly strategic stakeholder engagement document.
- Provide strategic communication direction for all campaigns and projects.
- Proactively identify PR opportunities for Lonestar Cell MTN and organize a PR initiative quarterly.
- Lead cross functional teams in the process of crises communication management.
- Initiate and syndicate a regular news flow to target media circles (Insights-driven) which includes specific national and regional newspapers, radio and online. These should be the right message targeted at the right stakeholders with the right angle/tone.
- Track key news programs daily and advice Lonestar Cell MTN on both positive and negative stories impacting the company.
- Provide Lonestar Cell website, Call Centre and Facebook administrators with all press releases as soon as they are approved.
- Ensure prompt action is taken on negative stories that impact Lonestar Cell MTN through rejoinders and other accepted means of rebuttal when appropriate.
- Track news coverage of Lonestar Cell MTN and provide report on each event.
- Develop and maintain an influential Media Contact List for Lonestar Cell MTN.
- Own and manage a press line where the media can call for any information on Lonestar Cell MTN. Provide a monthly report on all activities on the press line.
Media Event Management
- Provide press pack including press releases at all Lonestar Cell MTN media events.
- Develop and maintain calendar of key external media events that Lonestar Cell MTN should participate in.
- Initiate at least one media event quarterly to strengthen, establish and develop relationships with media organizations.
- Draw up a list of key business awards that Lonestar Cell MTN must participate in.
- Make suggestions on awards that will enhance the Lonestar Cell MTN brand and support the Marketing team to prepare and submit applications for such awards.
- Work with the CEO’s office to draw up a visibility/engagement plan to raise the profile of Lonestar Cell MTN’s CEO and other key stakeholders.
Advise on key events that drive visibility and build relationships with our key stakeholders.
- Undertake a Media Perception audit – a detailed survey among the media and other stakeholders about their Editors and Media Professionals about their perception towards the Lonestar Cell MTN brand and work towards building a positive image.
- Identify and arrange a minimum of three courtesy calls to influential media organisations/persons every year.
- Provide a stakeholder mapping template for Lonestar Cell MTN.
- Prepare and submit monthly media plans to DCEO within agreed timelines.
- Develop exciting and engaging internal communication plans for a range of projects, initiatives and policies.
- Develop other effective channels of communications to drive employee communication and engagement (beyond Y’ello Mail) such as a Weekly Newsletter, an Intranet and Snap Communications.
- Ensure that all external campaigns/projects are first executed and celebrated in-house.
- Manage all internal CSR activities including the annual Y’ello Care.
- Create bi-weekly submissions for Lonestar Cell MTN to be featured in Y’ello Buzz and increase the profile of the operation across MTN.
- Develop and manage an in-house quarterly staff recognition awards scheme based on the BRIGHT agenda (Y’ello Stars).
- Ensure messages from senior management and MTN Group are properly reflected in communications to internal stakeholders.
- Liaise with HR to organize Staff Forums for the CEO and Executive Committee to address staff.
CORPORATE BEHAVIOUR AND CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop strategies for managing Corporate Social Responsibility programs and initiatives – in line with MTN Group’s CSR strategy.
- Liaise with key stakeholders in selecting and identifying projects/partnerships that align with Lonestar Cell MTN’s business objectives.
- Ensure sustainability and visibility of all CSR initiatives including providing good PR mileage.
ESG & SUSTAINABILITY
- Develop sustainability strategies aligned to the Group Sustainability Framework pillars and aligned to topic specific strategies and policies (i.e., environmental strategy).
- Employ a programmatic approach to execute sustainability strategy/ priorities.
- Continuously improve ESG data management through adhering to the monthly reporting cadence. Ensure consistently and alignment to relevant reporting guidelines in external sustainability communication/ reporting.
- Launch and execute the sustainability strategic flagship programs.
- Continuously embed sustainability in the Opco through regular internal communications campaigns, townhalls representation etc.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in mass communication, Advertising, Business Administration or related discipline/ MBA is an added advantage.
Global Experience Standards
- 5 years’ relevant Managerial experience, which includes Multinational or Governmental environment.
- 5+ years of experience in Public Relations
- Experience at management level in a Telecommunication environment is an added advantage.
Must be a Role Model of ethical practices by living the Live Y’ello Values of: Lead with Care; Can-do with Integrity; Collaborate with Agility; Serve with Respect and Act with Inclusion.
- Proven record of practical public relations or communications experience at a strategic level.
- Experience in communications, journalism, public affairs, ESG, CSR and community relations.
- Wide range of contacts in both local and international media.
- Proven ability on communications and stakeholder relations.
- Management experience in a complex organization.
- Good understanding of socio-political and economic environment.
- Experience of organizational change.
- Creative and critical thinking abilities with an eye for detail.
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints.
- Computer literate and tech savvy.
- Ability to work effectively with a wide range of cultures in a diverse community.
- Willingness to travel to undertake events across the country.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Conceptual Thinker & Analytical Person
- Improvement Driver & Culture and Change Champion
- Supportive People Manager & Relationship Manager
- Results Achiever & Operationally Astute
- Commitment to the organization & Good teamwork and cooperation
Submit your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org or click the apply button below to apply through the system.