Reporting Line: Reports to the Chief of Party
Internews Network is implementing a USAID-funded Media Activity program in Liberia aimed to enhance the human and institutional capacity of the media sector while advocating for and maintaining current media freedoms to reliably carry out responsible journalism, drive reforms, and increase revenue.
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Party and in accordance with USAID rules and regulations, Internews policies, and local laws, the Monitoring & Evaluation Specialist will lead all Internews monitoring and evaluation functions and will ensure the program M&E plan is regularly updated and reported.
- Develop and manage a monitoring and evaluation system across all program components, including review of the program M&E plan, indicators and monitoring activities that capture necessary data to report on results and impact, ensure such activities are conducted on schedule;
- Finalize and update Activity Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Plan (AMELP) annually;
- Establishes the framework for data collection and monitoring;
- Produces M&E monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual reports to Chief of Party and donors, as needed
- Supports Chief of Party in reporting to USAID
- Oversees research methodologies used to monitor the information and media industry
- Conducts and report on M&E database and online tracking systems that meet USAID and Internews requirements;
- Maintains and operates project M&E database and online tracking systems that meet USAID and Internews requirements;
- Maintains contact with all partners to ensure timely and regular flow of information and data;
- Work closely with partner Female Journalists Association (FEJAL) to measure gender-related indicators;
- Ensure that outputs, outcomes and results are measured to support the achievement of the program objectives;
- Communicates information obtained through M&E activities to Internews staff, partners and other program participants, stakeholders and USAID.
- Be a primary M&E resource to the field office and field personnel; liaise regularly with Internews’ M&E team at Headquarters in Arcata, USA
- Perform all other assignments and responsibilities as directed
- A Bachelor’s degree in statistics, research methods, development or social science or related field
- Minimum five years of experience designing and implementing MEL systems for USAID-funded projects;
- Familiarity and experience in designing, conducting evaluations and research, a strong understanding of monitoring and measuring impact in media and democracy initiatives;
- Experience using technology to conduct M&E, including digital and remote data collection; Keen understanding of responsible data practices and digital safeguarding;
- Familiarity with various MEL approaches to data analytics, data visualization, and data use Intermediate or advanced skills in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint);
- Experience in training and capacity building of monitoring and evaluation methods preferred.
- Ability to work independently.
Application Deadline: Thursday, September 30, 2021
Applications should be addressed by email to: HRLiberia@internews.org
Or apply through the system below.