Job Title:Post-Award Officer
Report To:Director of Sponsored Research Services
Location:Catholic Junction, Monrovia, Liberia
Full-Time Project Staff:Office of Sponsored Research Services
Number of Positions:1
This position is in the University of Liberia College of Health Sciences (ULCHS) Office of Sponsored Research Services (OSRS) in Monrovia, Liberia. The Post-Award Officer will report to the Director of Sponsored Research Services.
The OSRS supports basic, clinical, and translational health research in Liberia by assisting researchers and health professionals in identifying research funding, developing proposals, and administering grants and contracts.
1. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, including researchers, administrators, the Office of Fiduciary Services, and funding agencies to support effective post-award management and service delivery;
2. Facilitates awarded grant administration activities with the relevant grant team and ensures timelines are met.
3. Interprets and ensures compliance with funding agency rules, regulations, and guidelines. Assists PI/PD in award compliance.
4. Assists with grant orientation for new PIs/PDs on policies, forms, and procedures required for sponsored projects.
5. Assists with the preparation of funding agency reports in conjunction with PI/PDs, as needed.
6. Facilitates ULCHS quarterly All-Projects meetings among all active grant/project teams. Review related information provided via team updates/ presentations and distribute relevant information to internal and external stakeholders (via quarterly newsletter and contribution for any specifically requested reports).
7. Facilitates workshops for and provides technical assistance to faculty and researchers, as needed. Assists in the development of training manuals.
8. Establishes calendar of reporting and closeout reminder for sponsor programs, remind PIs/PDs of reporting deadlines;
9. Acts as the compliance point of contact for all assigned projects and assists in the provision of training, as needed.
10. Participates in audits and preparation for audits alongside the ULCHS Office of Fiduciary Services.
11. Informs PIs/PDs of any compliance issues regarding grantor agency regulation and disallowances in their program. Assists in correcting discrepancies and monitors corrective actions.
12. Maintains necessary records, files, reports, databases, and resource materials important to the Office of Sponsored Research activities, ensuring proper team use of the existing knowledge management system in One Drive;
13. Performs other duties as assigned
***All applications must be submitted via REDCap NOT LATER THAN 5 PM on January 19, 2024.
Click the apply button below.