CERATH Development Organization (CDO) is a non-profit organization that is focused on catalysing development in West Africa. CDO has five (5) main intervention areas- Agriculture, Fisheries, Renewable Energy, Water, Sanitation & Hygiene (WASH), and Inclusive Finance. CDO is currently operational in Ghana, Liberia, and Sierra Leone.
The European Union (EU) has awarded CDO and its partner Conservation Alliance a grant to implement a project named Liberia Fisheries Governance Project to be implemented in Sinoe County. The goal of the project is to improve the capacities and performance of local CSOs and media actors to safeguard the rights and livelihoods of fisher folks in selected coastal areas in Sinoe County.
CDO is seeking a highly qualified and experienced individual to fill the position of Project Manager for the Liberia Fisheries Governance Project in Sinoe County. This exciting and challenging role involves overseeing the successful implementation of the project and acting as a key liaison between the project and the European Union.
- Project Leadership and Management:
- Develop and execute comprehensive project plans, ensuring all activities align with project goals and timelines.
- Oversee the day-to-day operations of the project, ensuring efficient resource utilization and adherence to budgetary constraints.
- Provide leadership to the project team, fostering a collaborative and high-performance working environment.
- Monitor and evaluate project progress, identifying and mitigating potential risks.
- Stakeholder Engagement:
- Serve as the primary liaison between the project and the European Union, maintaining regular communication and reporting on project milestones.
- Cultivate positive relationships with local communities, government agencies, non-governmental organizations, and other stakeholders to ensure successful project implementation.
- Address concerns and feedback from stakeholders, working to find mutually beneficial solutions.
- Financial Management:
- Manage project budgets, ensuring compliance with financial guidelines and regulations.
- Prepare financial reports for the European Union and other funding partners, detailing expenditure, variances, and financial projections.
- Work closely with the finance team to optimize financial processes and maintain transparency.
- Capacity Building:
- Identify training and capacity-building needs within the project team and local stakeholders.
- Develop and implement capacity-building programs to enhance the skills and knowledge of project staff and partners.
- Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Design and implement a robust monitoring and evaluation framework to assess project impact and outcomes.
- Regularly review and analyze project data, adjusting strategies and activities as needed to ensure project success.
- Master’s degree in Fisheries, Agric Economics, Sociology, Governance, or Administration.
- 12 years of experience in project management or related fields for candidates with a Master’s degree; or Bachelor’s degree with at least 15 years of relevant experience.
- Proven experience managing complex projects with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong understanding of fisheries governance, agricultural economics, and social dynamics in the context of rural communities.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build positive relationships with diverse stakeholders.
- Familiarity with EU funding mechanisms and reporting requirements.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Demonstrated leadership and team management abilities.
- The candidate must be willing to adapt to the challenging context of the South East including the use motor bike for transportation as and when needed.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their resumes, cover letters, and three professional references to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for applications is 20 January 2024. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
CERATH Development Organization is an equal-opportunity employer. We encourage candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
CDO is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. All job offers will be subject to appropriate background checks.