Title: Senior Manager Controlling
Reports To: Chief Financial Officer
Under the authority of the CFO, the controlling Senior Manager leads the control team, overseeing all activities and ensuring smooth execution of functions.
He ensures that all financial activities, records, and reports in the business accurately represent the business’s financial state of affairs.
He assists the CFO in developing efficiency with a view of optimizing the business’s profitability.
- Define budget forecasts (operational and financial objectives of the company and its departments) and ensure compliance
- Manage profitability studies
- Challenge and optimize expenses (OPEX and CAPEX) and identify best practices for continuous improvement of the company’s performance
- Contribute to the construction of long-term objectives (Strategic Plan)
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participate in the definition of five-year strategic objectives;
- Organize the construction of the company’s objectives by defining the annual budgets and the necessary means (human, financial, technical, commercial, etc.) for each objective;
- Coordinate the economic and financial studies of the projects carried out by the operational departments
- Develop the business cases of the offers and carry out the financial evaluation of the commercial partnership projects
- Ensure the implementation of the TTM procedure (evaluation and follow-up of offers)
- Organize expenditure / investment committees and ensure the Secretariat
- Support the Accounting & Tax teams in monthly closing work
- Designing summary reports for the CEO and the CFO and proposing corrective measures;
- Ensure the production and distribution of Group reporting (Preflash, Business Review, OCF, etc.)
- Ensure the analysis of key management indicators (Revenue, EBITDA, CAPEX, Free Cash-Flow, Net income, etc.)
- Participate in the development of P&L by activity and their regular updating
- Set up a benchmark with the Group to help control costs
- Ensure the consistency and compliance of planning, management, and steering procedures with respect to all of the company’s management rules, and ensure the harmonization of IT management tools
- Supervise the preparation of a periodical reporting or dashboard to the CEO, the CFO, and the other executive managers
- Keep the documentation relating to its activities up to date;
- Develop procedures related to its activities and ensure their application;
- Lead the team of management controllers
- Control and evaluate the quality as well as the respect of the objectives of its collaborators, ensure the development of the skills of the collaborators
BS degree in Economics, Accounting, and Finance, controlling or relevant required. Master’s Degree preferred
- Fluent in verbal and written business English
- 8-9 years of budgeting, financial reporting, and financial systems work experience, preferably in the telecom sector
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel and experience with financial systems integration
- Experience in budgeting and budget planning including the development of annual budgets, forecasting, and variance analysis
- Knowledge of accounting software must be able and willing to work long hours as needed
- Knowledge of Telecommunication standard accounting principles, best practices, and procedures
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES Excellent written and speaking skills including preparation and presentation of verbal and written reports, presentations, and recommendations
- Ability to work independently and manage time effectively to meet individual goals and deadlines.
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking, and prioritizing skill
- Demonstration of the highest level of integrity, trust, and information confidentiality
- High ability to work under pressure and within set deadlines
- Ability to motivate and grow teams
- Strong leadership skills having an ability to influence both a cross-functional team and senior business management and stakeholders
- Efficiency in decision-making
Please submit via email your letter of application along with your recent curriculum vitae as well as copies of your academic credentials to email@example.com
Deadline for receipt of applications: 16th February 2024 at 5:30 p.m.
Please note the following:
- Only short-listed candidates will be contacted
- Female applicants are highly encouraged to apply.