Camp Organizer (f/m/d)
GoodVision Liberia (GVL) was established to bring eyecare and eyeglasses to the people of Liberia. Originally formed as a partnership with Refuge Place International in 2019, GVL was established as an independent NGO in Liberia in July 2023. GVL is a part of a global GoodVision network of organizations dedicated to providing life-transforming access to vision care and eyeglasses for all people in need. This mission is achieved through free eye screenings, affordable eyeglasses, and referrals for eye disease treatment as well as the training of local technicians to deliver programs.
The Job holder is responsible for the efficient and strategically planned organization of eye camps (community outreaches), the mobilization of the target group for the camp and supervision of the team on the day of the eye camp as well as coordinating with the partner organization (for example local leader, community center, religious institution, school) of the eye camp.
This role reports to the Country Director.
- Organize eye camps aiming at screening patients with visual impairments and selling eyeglasses at affordable price in public places, on the premises of institutions such as government agencies, schools, companies, religious institutions, and any other appropriate location.
- Identify analytically potential venues and partners for eye camps within the geographic zone or segment assigned and build strong relationships with potential partners (NGOs, companies, religious leaders, local formal and informal authorities, and members of the public and private health system) to collaborate for the organization of eye camps.
- Prepare and organize the course of the eye camp activities.
- Prepare the weekly & monthly & quarterly eye camp plan to reach the agreed targets. • Report the status of planned activities and results to the organization. • Propose new and innovative marketing, mobilization & sales techniques in keeping with the humanitarian objectives of the organization.
- Find sponsors to support the Camp Activity locally.
Requirements and Experience
- Diploma or degree in community work, social work, sales, or related field.
- Minimum of 3 years related work experience in community work, social work sales, management, marketing, partnerships, or related field.
- NGO-experience is a plus, as well as working experiences in low-income areas. • Experience in engaging with multiple partners diplomatically and building meaningful strategic relationships.
- Excellent interpersonal & effective communication skills as well as the ability to build strong relationships.
- Strong analytical and research skills
- Excellent planning and implementation skills (excellent track record of delivering on targets in time and full)
- Basic project management skills
- Cooperative, independent and pro-active working style
- Committed, mature and engaging personality
- Proficient in MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Teams).
- Fluency in English (written & spoken)
Please send your CV, a personal statement addressing how you meet the qualifications for this role and your salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org.