|HUMAN RESOURCES CLERK / WARM BASE
|Central Office/AMD (1 position)
Deadline for submission: Friday, December 22, 2023, at 5:00pm Liberia Time
PREVAIL, or the Partnership for Research on Vaccines and Infectious Diseases in Liberia, is a clinical research partnership between the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services and the Liberian Ministry of Health
Summary of Position:
The Human Resources (HR) Clerk will provide support to the Human Resources department in several Human Resources functional areas which may include filing, scanning, benefits processes, timesheet compliance, tracking probation forms and processing NASSCORP documents for staff.
Description of Responsibilities:
- With support from the HR Manager, the HR clerk is responsible for scanning all HR related documents to the online HR files.
- Ensures all staff documents, are scanned and uploaded to the employee individual e-file.
- Keeps track of all new staff thirty (30) days, sixty (60) days and ninety (90) days Probationary Plan and evaluation documents.
- Manages all staff timesheet related issues. Ensures LOE reports are prepared on time and submitted to Finance.
- Follows-up with supervisors and HR Manager on staff performance management processes to ensure it is timely and complete. Be the conduit of all performance management documents and ensure proper records are kept on them.
- With support from the HR Associate, ensures new staff have the requisite materials to work – email account (if applicable); working ID card; liaises with IT and Administration for laptop and office supplies and furniture’s for new staff setup, etc.
- Serves as focal person for all HR related documents coming from the Sites, keeping a ledger of record for all documents received. Ensures documents received from the Sites are sorted and delivered to the responsible HR person for action.
- Provides support to HR Associate in conducting reference checks for successful candidates and ensure all educational credentials are submitted, prior to employment offer
- Supports HR Associate in ensuring new staff signs all required documents (contracts, Equinox forms, medical insurance, social security, emergency contact, conflict of interest, etc.). Scans these documents to the new staff online personnel e-file and presents hard copy to the requisite HR person for the needed action and hard copy filing.
- Serves as HR focal point for new staff onboarding.
- With support from HR Associate, manages the employee contact directory and ensures to include all new staff contact on the directory.
- Supports the HR Associate in ensuring the processing of all new employees National Social Security Corporation (NASSCORP) form for employees and provides the information to the responsible HR Associate for payroll processing.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned.
- Ability to handle oral and written communications independently.
- Demonstrates ability to assume sole and independent responsibility for various assigned projects.
- Works on assignments that are typical for an HR administrative office setting.
- May work on special and ad-hoc projects, if needed.
- Has ability to recognize and suggest improvement for situations that deviate from accepted practice; seeks managerial advice prior to taking action.
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree in a business related field.
- Certificate or Diploma in a related field or a combination of working experience.
- Preferred Job-related Experience: minimum of one (1) to two (2) years’ experience in providing administrative and/or HR support within a non-governmental institution.
- Additional requirements: Good working skills in MS Office Suite (Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint). Comfortable working with cloud-based files.
Click the apply button below to download the application instructions.