BRAC is the world’s largest, leading development organization dedicated to poverty alleviation and empowerment of the poor. Initiated in Bangladesh in 1972, BRAC now operates in 11 countries across Asia, Africa and the Americas. To counter poverty and promote social empowerment, BRAC strategically integrates development programs in microfinance, agriculture, health, education, human rights and legal aid, community empowerment and more.
BRAC Liberia launched in 2008 with programs in Microfinance, Small Enterprise Development, Agriculture, Livestock and Poultry, Health, Empowerment and Livelihood for Adolescent Girls, Psychosocial and Survival Support now impacting the lives of over 560,000 Liberians. BRAC Liberia is looking for competent, dynamic and self-motivated Liberians to fill the following regular position.
No. of Vacancies: 1
Job Title : Infrastructure & Cybersecurity Officer
Staff Category : National
Tenure : 1 year (Renewable)
Salary : Negotiable
Reports to : Head of IT
Duty Station : Country Office
Safeguarding Job Responsibilities
- Ensure the safety of team members from any harm, abuse, neglect, harassment and exploitation to achieve BRAC’s goals on safeguarding.
- Act as a resource of support and expertise on safeguarding for establishing a safe working environment.
- Practice, promote, and endorse the issues of safeguarding policy among team members and ensure the implementation of safeguarding standards in every course of action. d. Follow the safeguarding reporting procedure in case any reportable incident takes place, encourage other to do so.
The IT Infrastructure & Cybersecurity officer will ensure the efficient and cybersecure design, installation, and operation of IT infrastructure at all data centers (physical or cloud-based), in Head Office and branch offices. This will include all components of the Wide Area Network (routers, switches, firewalls), server infrastructure (including operating systems and Microsoft Windows Active Directory), electronic mail, Internet service and components of any electronic payment systems infrastructure e.g., switches, field data collection systems/tablets.
- Works with Head of IT, BI IT and strategic service partners to design systems architecture, build and deploy at country offices.
- Monitors and ensures high quality IT service partner service delivery. • Provides expert infrastructure support to all IT project implementations. • Significantly contributes to achieving the IT department’s strategic objectives and
ensures effective solutions are created and implemented to meet business requirements.
- Ensures an effective and validated Disaster Recovery infrastructure exists for each branch office.
- Develops with BI IT, and maintains a cybersecurity and infrastructure system monitoring strategy, using an effective tool portfolio.
- Creates a communication plan to ensure all team members are well-informed of architecture standards, implementation guidelines and process expectations. • Acts as the lead systems architect for all system design and implementation activities. • Works with BI IT to protect all cloud data via effective security, storage, backup/recovery and disaster recovery techniques.
- Adheres to audit and compliance expectations and continually seeks to improve system controls and cybersecurity.
- Ensures that all implementation initiatives follow established change management policies/ITIL compliant processes.
- Maintains up-to-date asset and licensing inventories at Head office and branch offices. EXPERIENCE:
- 5+ years of experience in managing technical and infrastructure services. • Must have proven leadership skills and strategic planning capability.
- Must be ITIL certified and certified in Cybersecurity.
- Experience with applications and databases a plus
- Must have experience with Disaster Recovery System Design and Recovery Planning • Experience with Enterprise Systems Monitoring and Management Tools required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & COMPETENCIES:
- Ability to work effectively and maintain partnerships with service vendors. • Requires an understanding of, and a commitment to advancing the mission and core values of BRAC International and, the ability to incorporate them into the job setting and articulate them to staff.
- Must be proficient in written and spoken English.
- Change Management
- Project Management
- Persuading and influencing
- Implementation and management of infrastructure platforms or components like Unix, Windows, Storage Technologies, Databases, Middleware, Capacity Management, etc. • Proficient in Networking and Communications
- Allocate and manage the resources, support and infrastructure required for any IT projects, products and services.
Educational Requirements: BSc. Computer Science or related field
BRAC is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment. Therefore, our hiring process includes extensive background checks and criminal records disclosure. BRAC is an equal opportunities employer.
All qualified and interested applicants can submit a cover letter with their CVs with three referees, one of which should be your current or most recent employer/line manager, along with copy of your educational qualification. Applications should be submitted by email to: Recruitment.Liberia@brac.net, with the position title on the subject line.
DEADLINE: December 10, 2023
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SHORT-LISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED!